I understand that psychotherapy services can be expensive and will do my best to work with you. Please contact me for rates.
A reduced fee according to the federal sliding scale is applicable for those who cannot afford the standard fee. I will not allow therapy to put you in financial distress, as therapy should help rid of distress in your life.
Cash, check, and all major credit cards are accepted forms of payment.
I am not currently participating in-network with any insurance providers. Many of my clients elect to pay for their therapy services out of pocket, then submit a claim to their insurance provider for out-of-network coverage. Many insurance plans offer about 50-80% reimbursement but you do need to check with your insurance company for specifics regarding your out-of-network mental health coverage. Again, if you are seeking insurance reimbursement for my services as an out-of-network provider, I highly recommend that you consult with your insurance provider prior to our first meeting.
If you decide to seek reimbursement from your insurance plan, I will provide you with a detailed statement listing the applicable diagnostic/procedure codes. I am happy to explain this process to you should you have any questions, as I know how confusing insurance can be!
You may want to ask the following questions of your insurance provider:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How much will I be reimbursed (%) if I pay out of pocket?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- How do I request reimbursement?
Why I Don’t Accept Insurance…
After careful consideration, I made the decision not to be a provider for any managed care programs. Being a provider would mean that I would be employed by the insurance company as opposed to working directly (and privately) for you.
Many clients prefer to work with a therapist outside of their insurance plans for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You hold a greater degree of privacy and confidentiality, since I am not required to share a great deal of your personal information with the insurance companies.
- We are not limited to a pre-set number of sessions or certain treatment protocols that are determined by the insurance companies in order to control their costs.
- By working privately with me, we can collaboratively decide on the methods we will use and the length of time that we will work together, rather than having these decisions made by a third party.